How to Save Searches
Today is 6/30/2016
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, Iowa 50010
You can now receive e-mail notifications when new items are added to the catalog, such as new DVDs, new romance books, new audiobooks, etc., using our new “Saved Search” feature.
- First, log into My Account with your library card number/username and PIN.
For New Items by Format
(such as DVDs, music, audiobooks, graphic novels, etc.):
- Next to “Limit By,” choose your preferred format.
- An asterisk will appear in the box next to “Quick Library Search.” Leave the asterisk in the box and click “Go.”
- Click on the blue box that says "Save Search" on the left side of the screen.
- Create a name for the search by entering it into the box next to "Search name".
- In the box next to "Notes," you can enter a brief phrase to help you remember details of your search. For instance, "Remember to place these items on hold."
- You can then choose the e-mail format (HTML or plain text).
- Then, choose the frequency with which you would like to receive the e-mail notifications, either weekly or monthly.
- If you want to receive an e-mail even if no new items are added to the catalog, leave box checked next to "Email if no results.”
- You will now receive e-mails alerting you when these new items are added to the Library's catalog!
For New Items by Subject (such as romance or history), Title, or Author:
- Enter the subject, title or author in the box next to "Quick Library Search."
- Next to "Limit by:" choose "Book" (or your preferred format). Then, click "Go".
- On the next screen, next to "Search by:" change it from "Any field" to "Subject" or “Title” or “Author” and hit "Go!" again.
- Follow steps 3-9 from above.