Ames Public Library Job Openings
Today is 12/21/2014
Your application will be considered as openings become available. Only applicants available for year-round employment will be considered.
Schedule: 8-12 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends
Starting wage: $8.08 per hour
Start Date: Applications are taken year round and held on file for six months.
Duties include the following:
- Preparing materials to return to shelves
- Re-shelving materials
- Directing customers to library materials and resources
- Emptying drop box returns
- Picking up materials around the library
- Answering customer questions related to policies and procedures
- Assisting customers in the use of library services, facilities and equipment
- Additional duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal system
- Ability to work at a brisk pace
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Work in a library setting directly with the public
- Sustained posture in a standing, seated or walking position for prolonged periods of time
- Perform bending, lifting, and pushing
- Perform repetitive hand and arm motions for prolonged periods of time
Application Procedure: All applicants must electronically
submit a completed City of Ames Employment Application, cover letter, and three references to be considered for the position.
Please e-mail the application materials
email@example.com. For more information, you may contact Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (515) 239-5631.
Ames Public Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.