Ames Public Library Strategic Plan
Today is 5/23/2013
Library customers will have the skills to find, evaluate, and use information to make informed decisions.
- Create a wireless teaching lab. [Systems Administrator]
- Provide information literacy classes such as learning how to use
databases, search the Internet, and to find, evaluate, and use subject-
related information in areas such as health, travel, personal finance,
and retirement. [Computer Class Planning Committee]
- Partner with Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC), ISU, and other organizations to improve information literacy and computer skills training. [Computer Class Planning Committee]
- Promote the use of lifelong learning databases and materials, including
their web presence. [Information Services Work Group and Virtual Reference Specialist]
Measures of Success:
- At least 75% of customers who take a basic computer skills class will
learn at least two new skills.
- After the initial baseline year, the number of customers who attend an
information literacy class will increase annually.
- The use of lifelong learning databases offered by the library will increase by 3% annually.