Ames Public Library Strategic Plan
Today is 5/20/2013
Library customers will have access to digital resources through a reliable infrastructure to obtain information, skill building, entertainment, and communication.
- Develop a technology plan, identify budget implications and investigate
grant opportunities to supplement advances in technology. [Director and Systems Administrator]
- Evaluate wired and wireless infrastructure, including the bookmobile, to
ensure optimum performance. [Systems Administrator]
- Evaluate customer service in the computer lab and implement recommendations. [Leadership Team]
- Investigate multilingual technologies for staff and customer computer
interfaces and implement based on needs. [Systems Administrator]
- Evaluate telephone system and implement recommendations for improvement. [Executive Team]
- Investigate radio frequency identification (RFID) and implement based on recommendations. [Committee appointed by the Director]
- Identify technological responses so that customers can better manage their accounts through activities such as advance notification technologies, etc. [Systems Administrator and Circulation Services Specialist]
Measures of Success:
- After an initial baseline year, on an annual survey:
- The percentage of customers expressing satisfaction with the ease of use of library technologies will increase.
- The percentage of customers expressing satisfaction with their ability to manage their accounts will increase.
- The percentage of customers expressing satisfaction with their experience in the computer lab will increase.