Ames Public Library Strategic Plan
Today is 12/4/2013
Library customers will have access to information and materials about Ames and the surrounding area in order to discover their heritage and explore their community.
- Create a new Iowa collection and lounge to highlight materials from
the Iowa Room. [Lounge Team]
- Promote and preserve the Farwell T. Brown Photographic Archive.
[Information Services Work Group]
- Continue to cooperate with the Ames Historical Society so that research collections in each entity complement, not duplicate, each other. [Reference Specialist]
- Select a cost-effective and user-friendly platform for the community
organizations file and implement an orderly migration of the existing data. [Virtual Reference Specialist]
- Investigate cost-effective and user-friendly alternatives for the Tribune index and implement an orderly migration of the existing data. [Information Services Work Group]
- Continue to support genealogical groups with appropriate electronic and print resources. [Information Services Work Group]
- Continue to offer instruction in the use of electronic genealogy databases such as HeritageQuest. [Computer Class Planning Committee]
Measures of Success:
- The annual number of searches in HeritageQuest Online will remain
the same or increase.
- After an initial baseline, the annual circulation of the local and Iowa collections will remain the same or increase.
- The number of uses of the community resources database will remain the same or increase.