Ames Public Library Strategic Plan
Today is 12/8/2013
All library customers will have access to resources and knowledgeable staff to answer their questions on a wide array of topics.
- Evaluate the optimal number, configuration, and staffing of library service points to provide the best possible customer service. [Leadership Team]
- Implement alternative reference staffing patterns; for example, roving reference service. [Reference Specialist]
- Develop reference service core competencies for all service points. [Reference Specialist and Youth Services Specialist]
- Create a training program for desk assistants and shelvers to provide basic assistance for customers. [Reference Specialist and Circulation Supervisor]
Measure of success:
- The annual number of reference questions answered from all service
points will be maintained at current levels.