224.1283.1
  

This depot replaced the original Osborne Depot which burned in 1880. Osborne is in Clayton County in northeast Iowa. The depot serviced the Milwaukee Road railroad. The building with the cupola in the background of the photo was used as an advertisement for cupolas. After the Milwaukee Road ceased its operation in this area, no railroad service was available. The depot was moved to Osborne Park to be used as an historical exhibit. (This print shows more on the right side and less on the left than 209.1187.4-5 and 209.1188.1; another copy of this print is 224.1284.1-4.)

1900@
OSBORNE (IOWA)
Keyword(s)

Ames Public Library
Information Services
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
(515) 239-5656


Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 01:08:50 pm