Citation: 221.1267.5 (Full image size: 71Kb)
Inside the First Congregational Church (United Church of Christ, Congregational) on the northeast corner of Kellog Avenue and Sixth Street in downtown Ames, four members of the congregation are engaged in the ritualistic burning of the church's building mortgage. Left to right: Lucian Tilden (1868-1953), owner of the Tilden Store; Charles Reynolds, owner of the Student Supply Store (later, Ames Stationers); Clay Stafford, a cashier at the Ames Trust & Savings Bank; and Rev. W. Murray Allan, the minister at the church from 1943 to 1960. During the time of Rev. Allan's ministry at the Ames church, the name of its denomination was changed to United Church of Christ, Congregational. (See also: 222.1268.1-3)
REYNOLDS, CHARLES E.
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 01:12:56 pm