1935@
   Citation: 76.396.4 (Full image size: 68Kb)

Main Street, taken in the mid-1930s, looking west in the block between Kellogg and Douglas avenues. Building furtherest down is the Sheldon-Munn Hotel. On the right is the Odd Fellows building. On the left is the Dixon Drug Store that once was occupied by the Fair Store. On down to the corner is the First National Bank building, constructed in 1913 or 1914, and still there when this photo was taken. Streetcar tracks shown are still in use--probably, by this time, for transporting freight. (Passenger streetcars to the Iowa State campus has stopped in 1929.)


STORES, DRUG
Keyword(s)

Ames Public Library
Information Services
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
(515) 239-5656


Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 01:19:16 pm