Citation: 200.1134.4 (Full image size: 114Kb)
Looking west from Lynn Avenue during the Iowa DOT's 1963 widening of Lincoln Way in campustown from two to four traffic lanes. In the right of the photograph is a wooded area of the Iowa State University campus. On the left (south side of Lincoln Way) are The Pizzeria, Dick & Eva's Cafe, the Frisbie House Congregational Student Center, St. John's Episcopal Church, and, finally, across the street on the corner of Lincoln Way and Stanton Avenue (partially showing behind a tree) is the Cranford Apartments Annex with the Landsberg Pharmacy on its ground floor. During the widening project the elevation on the north side of Lincoln Way was lowered.
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 01:19:19 pm