Citation: 185.1050.2-5 (Full image size: 80Kb)
Bird's eye view of central Ames around 1960 looking southeasterly across Lincoln Way opposite the headquarters of the Iowa Highway commission (later, the Department of Transportation). The Ames High School field house (originally the Chautauqua building), football field, and tennis courts are in the upper left of the photo. The Lincoln Center Shopping Center bought the high school athletic grounds in 1965. Also note the southbound tracks of the chicago & North Western Railroad, which have since been removed. Photo, courtesy of the Iowa Department of Transportation.
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 12:45:03 pm