Citation: 197.1117.3 (Full image size: 78Kb)
The Fall Service Station at 102 Hyland Avenue, on the northeast corner of Hyland and Lincoln Way in the late 1920s or early 1930s. Minos Fall at this time owned two stations, the other being located on the southeast corner of Grand Avenue and Thirteenth Street. In this photo, the big sign amid the flower bed in front is for Polarine Motor Oil. The gasoline sold at this station was Red Crown. Note the automobile in the rear of the photo which is parked in front of a small building advertising "PEANUTS, POP-CORN, AND CANDY." Pictured in front of the station, left-to-right, are: an unidentified station attendant; Minos Fall; and his wife, Grace Fall.
Ames Public Library
515 Douglas Avenue
Ames, IA 50010-6215
Copyright (C) 2013, Ames Public Library
Published: 07/05/2013 12:52:51 pm