Ames Public Library Friends Foundation
Today is 6/19/2013
In December 2010 , the Friends of the Ames Public Library and the Ames Public Library Foundation merged to form the Ames Public Library Friends Foundation.
What is the APL Friends Foundation?
The Ames Public Library Friends Foundation is a non-profit organization that helps support Ames Public Library through volunteering, fundraising, and advocacy.
What does the APL Friends Foundation do?
- Spread the word about library programs, resources, and services.
- Raise funds to enhance the Library by providing seed money for new library collections and initiatives
- Hold two used book sales each year.
- Volunteer to help in the Library.
- Promote literacy.
- Sponsor programs such as book discussions, exhibits, music, readings, and other performances.
APL Friends Foundation Board of Directors
Jane Acker, Library Trustee
Roger Kluesner, President
Dan Divine, Secretary/Treasurer
A. J. Walter
Kevin Stow, Library Trustee
Jean Meek, Vice President
Melissa Mundt, City Representative
Lynne Carey, Interim Library Director
Sarah Bohlke, Volunteer Coordinator
Eunice Kong, Teen Advisory Group Co-chair
Raveena Levis, Teen Advisory Group Co-chair
For more information, call (515) 239-5640.