Ames Public Library Friends Foundation
Today is 9/2/2014
The Ames Public Library Friends Foundation (APLFF) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that helps support Ames Public Library through volunteering, fundraising, and advocacy.
What does the APL Friends Foundation do?
- Spreads the word about library programs, resources, and services.
- Raises funds to enhance the Library by providing seed money for new library collections and initiatives.
- Sponsors programs such as book discussions, exhibits, music, readings, and other performances.
- Manages Literary Grounds.
- Holds semi-annual used book sales.
- Volunteers to help in the Library.
- Promotes literacy.
APL Friends Foundation Board of Directors
Jane Acker, Library Trustee
Amy Juhnke, President
Roger Kluesner, Vice President
Jon Sargent, Secretary/Treasurer
Kevin Stow, Library Trustee
Lynne Carey, Library Director
Sarah Bohlke, Volunteer Coordinator
Angela Dunkin, Teen Advisory Group Co-chair
Mya Gibbons, Teen Advisory Group Co-chair
Melissa Mundt, City Representative
For more information, call (515) 239-5640.