Borrowing Materials at Ames Public Library
Today is 2/9/2016
- 1 week for DVDs, videos, and magazines.
- 3 weeks for all other items
If the Library does not own the book or magazine article you want, we will request the item from a nationwide network of over 19,000 libraries through Interlibrary Loan.
You can return your items to any of the following locations:
- Drive-up drop box in the alley behind the Library
- Walk-up drop box outside the entrance to the Library
- The Bookmobile (see the Bookmobile Schedule)
Materials may be renewed two times if no one else has placed a request for the item using any of the following methods.
- In person at the Circulation Desk
- At the self-check stations (if you have the item with you),
- By calling (515) 239-5646 during our open hours
- Online on your account
Overdue Items & Late Fees
Late fees are 25¢ per day per item.
You will receive a due date slip when you check out your items. If you are signed up for e-mail notification will automatically be sent an e-mail two days before an item’s due date. Otherwise, you will receive notices shortly after your items are due and when they are have been overdue for 39 days.
Failure to return materials and pay late fees will result in your account being turned over to a collection agency, at which point a $10 placement fee will be added to the account.
Borrowing and computer lab privileges are suspended if you accumulate $10 or more in fees on a personal account or $20 or more on a family account.
If an item is lost or damaged beyond repair, your account will be charged for the cost of the item plus a $5 processing fee.
If you have any questions, please call (515) 239-5646 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.