Ames Public Library Card
Today is 2/19/2017
All Iowa residents may sign up for an Ames Public Library card. To apply for your card, you will need:
- Photo identification
- Proof of current Iowa address
- Completed registration form or registration online
Library Card Types
There are two types of library cards:
- a single, confidential account.
- an account shared among family members.
- Anyone listed on the family card may see what items are checked out on the account or pick up items being held, regardless of who requested them.
Any family member can be on a family card account and have a individual card account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you want my e-mail address?
We will notify you of your holds and over due materials via e-mail. Please remember to keep this up-to-date. We will never give or sell this information to a third party.
What is my password for?
The 4-digit password that you choose for your Library account is for accessing the catalog and your account online and for using a computer in the Ames Public Library computer lab.
For more information , please call (515) 239-5646 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.