Rev. Henry Eugene Slattery, pastor of the United Bretheren Church, located on the corner of Kellogg Avenue and Grant Street (later called South Second Street). Slattery was born in Scioto County,Ohio, on July 18, 1868, and moved with his family to Iowa in 1869. On October 20, 1896, he became the minister of the United Bretheren Church in Ames. The photocard was printed by Hoot & Read, an Ames photography studio.