Agricultural Hall, Iowa State College, around 1904. Botany Hall in 1928 when the Botany Department moved its offices into the building and renamed, again, Carrie Chapman Catt Hall in 1991. Tracks of the Dinkey Railroad can be seen in the foreground of 27.134.3. Excursion Day crowd can be seen viewing a parade from steps of hall. When William H. Beardshear became president of Iowa Agricultural College in 1891, he persuaded the railroads throughout Iowa to offer special excursion rates for peple to come to Ames to spend a day on campus. From that program, the VEISHEA tradition developed, starting in 1928. (See also: 27.134.2; 74.384.1-2).