The National Guard Armory located on Fifth Street across from the present-day (1991) Tribune Building. Dedicated February 17, 1905. It was a show house for musical and dramatic artists until December 1911. Iowa State men and women played their first interscholastic basketball here in 1907. The Armory was the O'Neil Dairy in later years; the building was razed in 1985. In this photo the Dinkey tracks can be seen in front of the Armory.