A page of advertising from the Iowa State College directory, from around 1918. Cagwin's Drug Store operated at 225 Main Street in downtown Ames until 1931 and was owned by Joel E. Cagwin. His original store burned in 1917 in the fire which also claimed the Odd Fellows building. Haverly Transfer line operated from 216 Duff Avenue and was owned by Max Haverly. The Puritan Restaurant at 223 Main was owned and operated by John Paulos.