Looking north on Lincoln Way (afterwards, Sheldon Avenue) as gravel is being spread on the street. The Iowa State College stadium is on the right. Streetcar tracks are plainly visible in front of the stadium. Collegiate Presbyterian Church can be seen, on the left, at the corner of West Street. Sheldon Avenue was finally paved in 1921. Photo, courtesy of the Iowa Department of Transportation.