Aerial looking down on what used to be the Ames High School athletic field. Orientation is mostly east-to-west. On the right is Lincoln Way and to the left of Lincoln Way is the high school field house. Above the field house is the football field. At the top (across from the Chicago & North Western Railroad tracks leading to Des Moines) are the Iowa Department of Transportation sheds. The Ames High School field house was moved to this location in 1927 from its original site near 13th and Maxwell where it served as the Chautauqua tent. It was in use as the field house until 1962 when the new high school was built in north Ames. The field house was razed in 1965 when the Lincoln Center shopping center was developed. This aerial is very fuzzy and the date of the original is uncertain.