The Walter and Inis Grove cabin, built in 1927, and located on their farm. The cabin no longer exists. During the time when the Groves owned the cabin, annual reunions for the Ray School were held there every year until 1947. Inis Hunter Grove had attended the school (perhaps Walter Grove did, also). The one-room school house was where today  the Ames Golf & Country Club is located on George Washington Carver Avenue. Farwell Brown remebers picnicking near this cabin when he was a boy. On January 15, 1949, Walter Grove presented his farmland to the Ames Park Commission [now, Parks & Recreation] to be used as a park in memory of his wife Inis who died in 1941 with the stipulation that a small area at the north end of the property be continued as a Camp Fire campsite.