The ruins of the Bloomington School, taken shortly after the roof had collapsed. Located about a mile west of Dayton Road in Ames on the Olson Farm near the present-day  site of the National Animal Disease Center. The school could have been maintained as an historic site, but, obviously, was not. Shortly after this picture was taken, the structure was demolished. When the village of Bloomington was still in existence, its one-room school was located northeast of the town of Ames and was in operation through 1945.