Purpose of Meeting
Introduce Ames community, families and future participants and volunteers about CERA
CLUB EXPLORER RECREATIONAL ASSOCIATION
129 S OAK AVE APT 3
AMES, IA 50010
Therapeutic recreation is a person-centered healthcare profession that
employs evidence-informed leisure and recreation interventions to improve
and maximize health, physical function, social and emotional well-being and
overall quality of life.
Sports, Recreation & Leisure Programs
Designed to provide opportunities that will enhance skill development,
encourage socialization, and promote independence for individuals
with intellectual disabilities and developmental delays. Also, includes
sports training programs with opportunities to compete in Special
We present our goals off the acronym S.M.A.R.T.
1. Specific: Well defined, clear, and unambiguous
2. Measurable: With specific criteria that measure your progress
toward the accomplishment of the goal
3. Achievable: Attainable and not impossible to achieve
4. Realistic: Within reach, realistic, and relevant to your life purpose
5. Timely: With a clearly defined timeline, including a starting date and
a target date. The purpose is to create urgency.
1. Goal (aspirations)
2. Reality (current obstacles or situations)
3. Options (strengths, resources)
4. Way forward (accountability and personal actions – what, when,
by whom, and the will to do it)
The Therapeutic Recreation team of the CERA is committed to providing community
based recreation to promote the development, maintenance, and expression of a
meaningful leisure lifestyle to people with disabilities. We deliver our services
promoting and/or providing access, inclusion, and specialty recreation.
A variety of programs are offered serving individuals ranging from youth to
adult. Inclusion services available for all District programs!
What Our Services to Our Program
Club Explorer Recreational Association offers a variety of services and programs.
Therapeutic Recreation Program
- To provide daily service for people with intellectual disabilities such as (Arts & Crafts,
Social, Movie Time, Games and more.
- We provide day camps for members in our TR program as includes extended fun
and more. For the summer.
- Our programs serve the Ames area in the Special Olympics Iowa in sports with
variety sports CERA help teams win competitions, etc.
- Training & Conditioning
- Variety Sports