Ames Public Library’s (APL) mission is to connect you to the world of ideas, and one way this is achieved is through diverse and inclusive resources and programs. APL welcomes applications from community members and experienced presenters who have an idea for an engaging event or who are interested in presenting at the Library.
Program Guidelines and Procedures
All program proposals will be reviewed by the Library's programming committee. When a community group, agency, or individual approaches the Library with a programming request, consideration will be based on the following criteria:
- Programs are free and open to the public
- Alignment with the library's mission, goals and strategic plan
- Resources, budgetary considerations and space to accomplish the program are available and appropriate
- Potential interest and benefit to the community
- Expertise and skill of the presenter
- Program fulfills the purpose of a defined Library program (see Program policy)
Planning for library programs typically begins three to five months before a program occurs. Community members wishing to propose events should complete and submit the program proposal form prior to the following deadlines. However, late submissions may still be considered.
|Proposed Program Dates
|Recommended Submission Deadline
|Winter (December - February)
|Spring (March - May)
|Summer (June - August)
|Fall (September- November)
Request for Proposals
APL invites community groups, agencies, or individuals to submit proposals for a program or event. Please submit your request by clicking the link below and filling out the form.
For additional information
Meeting room policy: www.amespubliclibrary.org/policy/meeting-rooms
Presentation of a program does not constitute the Library’s endorsement of the content or views expressed by participants.