2019 Tax Year Information
All AARP tax appointments are cancelled until further further notice.
For more information contact Ames Public Library at (515) 239-5646. (Press 4 for Adult Services.)
Iowa Tax Forms
Your options for ordering forms include:
- Online forms and instructions: tax.iowa.gov/forms
- IDR forms orders by phone: 1-800-532-1531
Free Tax Resources
- Download tax forms and instructions for other states: www.taxadmin.org/state-tax-forms
- File your taxes online for free with the IRS e-file program: www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
IRS CORONAVIRUS TAX RELIEF
- Webpage: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- Stimulus payment checks: No information available yet, No sign-up needed
- Instead of calling, please check back for updates.
Federal Income Taxes Extended until July 15th 2020
The Federal income tax filing due date is automatically extended from April 15, 2020, to a new deadline: July 15, 2020.
Taxpayers can also defer federal income tax payments due on April 15, 2020, to July 15, 2020, without penalties and interest, regardless of the amount owed.
This deferment applies to all taxpayers, including individuals, trusts and estates, corporations and other non-corporate tax filers as well as those who pay self-employment tax.
Taxpayers do not need to file any additional forms or call the IRS to qualify for this automatic federal tax filing and payment relief.
The IRS urges taxpayers who are due a refund to file as soon as possible. Most tax refunds are still being issued within 21 days.
Iowa Income Taxes Extended Until July 31st 2020
The Iowa Department of Revenue has extended filing and payment deadlines for income, franchise, and moneys and credits taxes with a due date on or after March 19, 2020, and before July 31, 2020, to a new deadline of July 31, 2020.