2018 Tax Year Information
Ames Public Library will host AARP Tax-Aide again this year. To schedule an appointment, call (515) 239-5646 ext. 4.
Iowa Tax Forms
The Iowa Department of Revenue (IDR) stopped furnishing paper income tax forms and instruction booklets to libraries, post offices, or individuals beginning in 2011.
Your options for ordering forms include:
- Online forms and instructions: tax.iowa.gov/forms
- IDR forms orders by phone: 1-800-532-1531
Free Tax Resources
- Download tax forms and instructions for other states: www.taxadmin.org/state-tax-forms
- File your taxes online for free with the IRS e-file program: www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
- Find a local IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center: www.irs.gov/help/contact-your-local-irs-office
- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program provides free tax preparation for household incomes of $54,000 or less: isuvita.setmore.com