Service Learning Academy Facilitator
Assisting teen participants through the Ames High School Service Learning Academy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be a college sophomore studying human development and family services, education, or a related field
- Able to commit 10 hours a week, that includes time at the Ames Public Library and personal time working
- Experience working with teens is preferred
- Preference may be given to applicants with supervisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize/balance multiple projects at once
- Must be reliable and a self-starter
- Must be tolerant of ambiguity and adaptable to change
- Must be responsible and organized
- Ability and desire to work on projects with very little supervision
- Must be prompt and thorough in work
- Must be able to work with youth
The Intern may have to spend long hours sitting. The Intern may also have to do some lifting (up to 50 pounds), pushing, and pulling of office supplies.
The Intern may have to manage a number of projects at one time and may be interrupted by the environment and additional tasks. The position is in an office environment, with most of the work being completed inside.
The Intern may have to manage multiple requests and situations at one time. The intern may also be exposed to ambiguous situations that may result in stress.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Supervise Ames High School Service Learning participants, including screening, training, placement, and evaluation
- Supervise summer teen volunteers
- Participate in special projects when they emerge
- Perform clerical tasks as needed
All applicants must electronically submit:
- a completed Intern Application Form (link below),
- cover letter, and
- three references to be considered for the position.
Ames Public Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.