You can print from any mobile device, laptop, or home computer to the Ames Public Library printers. Prints cost 10 cents per page for black and white and 50 cents per page for color.
- Download and install the PrinterOn app to your smart phone, tablet, or e-reader using iTunes, Google Play, or your device’s app store.
- Open the app and search for the location “Ames, IA.”
- Once you find AmesPL, click on the star icon to add this printer to your favorites. You can do this for both the black and white printer and the color printer.
- Press the “i” icon next to a printer to get more printer information, the web address, and the e-mail address.
This app takes practice to navigate, but it’s not too difficult.
- Visit one of the Library’s print release stations to pay and print. There is one station on the ground floor by the Welcome Desk and three upstairs.
- At the print release station, press “release a print job”, then enter your email address (not your library card number), and your job will print. Jobs sent to the printer will remain in the queue for 72 hours.