Check out this book discussion group exploring social and cultural topics through the lens of fiction and nonfiction. The goal is to encourage deep reflection and nuanced discussion about how the topics' impacts manifest and resonate in modern society.
Participate in-person or on Zoom. Please register on this page or call (515) 239-5646 ext. 4 to learn more.
Titles for spring:
• January: Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
• February: The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
• March: The Color Purple by Alice Walker
• April: Of Women & Salt by Gabriella Garcia
• May: Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner
• June: The Five Wounds by Kristin Valdez Quade
Supported by the Ames Public Library Friends Foundation.
Ames Public Library connects you to the world of ideas through diverse and inclusive resources and programs. We welcome program proposals via our website at www.amespubliclibrary.org/programproposal.