View from the Margins Book Discussion Group
Check out this book discussion group exploring social and cultural topics through the lens of fiction and nonfiction. The goal is to encourage deep reflection and nuanced discussion about how the topics' impacts manifest and resonate in modern society.
Participate in-person or on Zoom. Please register on this page or call (515) 239-5646 ext. 4 to learn more.
- July: Where the Dead Sit Talking by Brandon Hobson
- August: Behold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue
- September: Becoming a Man: The Story of a Transition by P. Carl
- October: On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
- November: You Exist Too Much by Zaina Arafat
- December: Conditional Citizens by Laila Lalami
Supported by the Ames Public Library Friends Foundation.
Ames Public Library connects you to the world of ideas through diverse and inclusive resources and programs. We welcome proposals via our website for programs at www.amespubliclibrary.org/programproposal and exhibits at https://www.amespubliclibrary.org/exhibit-proposal.