Curbside Holds Pickup
Ames Public Library cardholders can now request books and other items and pick them up at a Curbside Holds Pickup appointment.
To schedule your Curbside Holds Pickup appointment:
- Find an available time slot on the Library's event calendar. Registration closes at 8am the day before an appointment.
- Fill out the registration form at the bottom of the page and click the "Register" button.
- You should receive a confirmation e-mail. If you don't, please call (515) 239-5646 ext. 2 or e-mail email@example.com.
If you will need special assistance at your Curbside Holds Pickup, please let us know in the Special Notes.
To place items on hold:
- Log in to your account on the Library's catalog using your Library card number and PIN. (If you have trouble logging in, please call 239-5646 ext. 2.)
- Find an item you want.
- Check the item's "availability" to make sure we have at least one copy checked in. Please note that recently checked in items may be in quarantine and may not be checked out.
- Click "Request" and confirm your hold request.
Please place your holds by 8am on the day before your Curbside Holds Pickup appointment. (Limit of 20 items.)
If you have large fines or fees on your account, you may need to pay them before your holds can be checked out. You can pay your Ames Public Library fines online here.
If you have any items on hold that you no longer need, call (515) 239-5646 ext. 2 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our Curbside Holds Pickup service, visit www.amespubliclibrary.org/curbside.
Ames Public Library connects you to the world of ideas through diverse and inclusive resources and programs. We welcome proposals via our website for programs at www.amespubliclibrary.org/programproposal and exhibits at https://www.amespubliclibrary.org/exhibit-proposal.